We proudly present FAPA Fall Conference presenter Deborah Greenspan
Deborah Greenspan has a Master’s Degree in Communication and has written and published five books thus far: Spirals: The Connection, Kids’ Day, The Healer, Deterrent, and Mirror Mirror.
In 2000, she became a publisher and founded Llumina Press, a company dedicated to helping writers polish and publish their works. In the fourteen years that Llumina has been in business, they have published over 2400 books and helped the authors of those books through the process of development, editing, publishing, and distribution of their books.
You can learn more about Deborah at www.llumina.com and www.spiralstheconnection.com. Deborah will provide information on how a proposal is used in traditional publishing and how
it’s written. She has written proposals as a writer and has also read them as a publisher, and can provide a look from both sides of the table.
She will also discuss self-publishing and talk about the proposal in a different way, the proposal being primarily for the writer’s use. Additionally, the facilitator will address the following questions and more:
- How do you turn your proposal into a manuscript?
- What should you leave in? What should you leave out?
- Once you have a manuscript, how do you turn it into a published book?
- Do you need someone to analyze the book and its structure before finalizing your draft?
- Do you need an editor? And if you do, how do you find one that’s competent?
At the end of the workshop and when applying what was learned, you will be able to:
- Develop a proposal for effectively writing a novel or non-fiction book.
- Identify resources they can use in the finding and working with a competent editor.
- If self-publishing, decide on POD or offset printing and whether or not to have an ebook.
Mark your calendars for one of either three workshops: Children’s Book, Fiction Writing, or Non-Fiction Educational Sessions, Friday, August 8th at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, 1200 N. Ocean Blvd., Pompano Beach, FL 33062. The FAPA’s Fall Conference 2014 on Saturday, August 9th, 2014 offers another educationally rewarding day. Florida Authors & Publishers Association invites attendees to register for the 2014 FAPA President’s Awards Banquet held Saturday night, August 9th.