Monday, October 3, 2016

Excerpt Extravaganza! Today's Excerpt Is From "A Life Renewed"

Welcome to the JLB Creatives Blog, where an eclectic team of creative geniuses share their fantastical imaginations. 

On Mondays we are featuring an excerpt from one of our creative authors. And what makes this feature so fun is that we publish a wide range of genres. You'll never know what to expect for the excerpt.

To read all of our excerpts thus far, we invite you to visit our blog archives and look for our first Excerpt Extravaganza! that began on August 1, 2016.

Enjoy!

All previous excerpts are available in our archives. We began this series on August 1, 2016.


Today's excerpt is from 5 star author Lisa Andrew's A Life Renewed, a child's true to life story of being a cancer survivor.

One of the biggest shocks of that first week was the bone marrow test, which I had to get on the first day that I was in the hospital. I didn’t know much about the procedure, but my mom warned me that it was probably going to be really painful. The nurse took me into a small treatment room and told me to lie on my side on the examination table. My mom was standing next to me saying, “Everything is going to be okay. Just relax. It will only hurt for a few seconds.” 

Suddenly, I began to feel very heavy and all of my nerves seemed to disappear. The nurse said, “I’m just putting a little morphine into your IV to relax you.” The morphine made me feel very distant to what was happening. However, I was still very aware of what was going on! 

The doctor came in and started rubbing some alcohol and Betadine on my lower back. Then he started pushing his thumb into my bone. “You are going to feel a little pressure. I am just trying to find your hip bone.” The doctor was really pushing his thumb into me pretty hard. Finally he found his desired spot, and then he said, “Now you are going to feel some stinging. I am going to start numbing the area.” 

The stinging went really deep. “Ow! Mom, it hurts!” Tears started rolling down my cheeks as she tried to comfort me. 

---------------

To discover more about our author Lisa Andrews or purchase her book we invite you to visit her author page on the JLB Creatives website by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

JLB Creatives

JLB Creatives Blog Hosts

JLB Creatives Blog Hosts
JLB Creatives Editor Dar Bagby (L) and JLB Creatives CEO Janet Beasley (R)