|At JLBCP we all remember the good ol' days of |
helping grandma in the kitchen as she prepared
a feast that was always fit for a king
on Thanksgiving Day.
Photo courtesy of Janet Beasley - copyright
- Chop leftover turkey and use in soups and stews.
- How about turkey enchiladas? Chop it up and add some of your favorite Mexican seasonings.
- Turkey sandwiches can become humdrum...so why not add some avocado slices, sprouts, and/or olives to mix it up.
- Sweet potatoes? Mash 'em up and make a casserole...don't forget the yummy little marshmallows.
- Sliced turkey? Make some quick turkey roll-ups. Spread with cream cheese, add a dash of garlic pepper, and green onion. Roll 'em up and enjoy!
- Freeze turkey in individual serving sizes to use in future recipes
- Combine your left over turkey and mashed potatoes to make a base for a turkey casserole.
- Grab a bag of dry Fettuccine Alfredo to whip up, and add your left over turkey, some peas, and onions to make a warm, hearty meal
- Save your leftover cranberry sauce and use it on pancakes or waffles
- Use that leftover dressing to make a tasty filling in baked acorn-squash cups
- Leftover muffins can easily be cut in half and grilled in butter for a breakfast twist
- Too much pudding leftover? Divide into single serving cups, cover, and refrigerate for a great after-school snack.
From all of us at JLB Creatives Publishing, here's wishing you and yours a super weekend!