special to fix for Fido! All natural gourmet dog treats made with no added salt, sugar, artificial colorings, artificial flavorings, or preservatives.
|I LOVE these treats when my mommy|
bakes me some. I like to get my crunch on
with the crispy ones!
PUMPKIN DIVINE DOGGIE DELIGHTS
In mixing bowl A whisk together:
2 c Pillsbury® whole wheat flour
1 c Pillsbury® unbleached flour
1 c cornmeal
1 c wheat germ
1 c dry milk
1 T cinnamon
In mixing bowl B whisk together:
¼ c dry yeast
½ c Crisco® canola oil
1¾ c warm water
¼ c all natural canned pumpkin
1 T honey
Preheat oven to 400º F.
1. Put bowl A on electric mixer and gradually add liquid mix from bowl B and mix well. Gradually add additional ¾ to 1½ c unbleached flour to form a stiff dough (the dough will pull off the sides of the bowl, leaving the sides clean, when it reaches the correct texture. Dough will be thick and heavy).
2. Allow dough to rise for 10-15 minutes.
3. Roll out dough to ¼ inch thickness and cut with 1-inch shape cutter of your choice (circle, star, bone, square, etc). Place on un-greased cookie sheet.
4. Bake for 8-10 minutes (oven temperatures/times may vary).
5. Remove pan from oven. CAUTION—PAN WILL BE HOT! Place pan on cooling rack.
For crispy treats: Allow baked treats to remain on a cooling rack in the open air for several days. Once all moisture is gone, store them in an airtight container.
For freezer treats: Allow the treats to cool, then put cool soft treats in a plastic bag and store in the freezer. Optional: They can be warmed in the microwave to return back to a soft texture if your pet does does not care for the cool hard chew.